This position exists to support surgeons, anesthesiologist, and perfusionists in maintaining extracorporeal hemodynamic support during open-heart operations, and other medical procedures. Procedures include, but are not limited to, assembling and priming heart lung machines, supporting clinical perfusionists during the operation of the heart lung machine, performing point-of-care laboratory tests, and disassembly and routine cleaning/daily maintenance of heart lung machines. The incumbent assists with the implantation, timing, and transport of intraortic balloon pumps,and is responsible for routine cleaning/daily maintenance of intraortic balloon pump consoles. The position will also provide perioperative autologuos blood management for surgical patients. This position is responsible for the daily management of perfusion supplies and data entry of perfusion-related quality metrics. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires demonstration of strong organizational skills; is self-directed with ability to problem solve independently, and work as a member of a team.
- Requires high attention to detail and ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and to recognize problems.
- Requires strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field.
- Requires knowledge of name and function of surgical equipment and instrumentation.
- Requires ability to provide high level of patient confidentiality.
- Requires ability to react appropriately in any environment or situation.
- Requires maintaining Basic and Advanced Life Support Certifications.
Indiana University Health - 19 months ago