Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer.
The Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for completing all in-scope support services, including break-fix, desk-side support, new system installation, move/add/change and asset tracking activities. This position will provide in-depth technical hardware and software support for all desktop and laptop platforms supported by Brink’s, Inc.
• Install, maintain, test, analyze, and provide problem resolution for all local and remote hardware and software elements, including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, and peripherals
• Diagnose, evaluate, prioritize, and escalate requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, windows operating system, networking and other computer related issues
• Customize retail and in-house legacy applications into format for mass distribution via SCCM Server to ensure compatibility with core workstation image and integration into the Brink’s network environment
• Provide support and training to other team members within the Department
• Install base build on Windows 2003 servers
• Take ownership of technical issues and work with other groups to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
• Resolve escalated customer issues without the need for team lead intervention
• Define and document problem resolution steps
• Perform all break-fix repair, including parts ordering, shipping, application and peripheral support, configuration, virus removal, and work with vendors to resolve support issues
• Perform installation of standard images, applications, and transfer data from old to new system
• Provide weekly status report to management
• Track asset inventory, warranty, license information, and update the asset management system
• Provide cell phone support to end-users in conjunction with Wireless Watchdogs
• Manage virus console and fix all incoming issues, currently using Trend
• Manage group policy from a client perspective
• Create and deploy packages via SCCM and manage reporting and structure of SCCM server
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
• Minimum of 4 years experience providing desktop support in a network environment
• Minimum of 2 years experience preparing and writing detailed reports based on analysis
• Relevant industry certification
• Strong understanding of workstation principles, operating systems, systems configurations, utility programs, operational procedures and automation concepts
• Experience preparing and writing detailed reports based on analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry work experience
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Problem-solving skills demonstrating a directed, methodical, cost-effective, data-driven approach
• Strong consultative skills
• Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Brink's Incorporated - 17 months ago
The Brink’s Company, conducts business in the security industry, principally through its wholly owned subsidiary Brink’s,...