Provide accurate quantity surveys of materials and labor for all Trade categories, from conceptual through working drawings, during pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
B. Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Perform quantity take-offs and pricing for various project types from the concept design stage to the working document stage.
2. Obtain all necessary information from the consultants to complete the estimate.
3. Verify unit cost pricing for each trade through historical data or vendor contact.
4. Check local markets for man-power and material availabilities.
5. Review, quantify and price cost savings/value engineering opportunities.
6. Analyze and compare bids with projected budget costs.
7. Act as a Bid Captain on bids. Assist with other bids.
8. Write scopes for bidding and purchasing.
9. Continually check the work product for accuracy and completeness.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Training on estimating computer systems and proficient knowledge of PC based applications such as Microsoft Excel and On-Screen Takeoff.
2. Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Prolog Manager is a plus.
3. Ability to communicate with all participants involved in the estimating process. Must be a team player.
4. Must be able to work well under constant pressure of deadlines and prioritize tasks to meet schedules.
5. Ability to conceptualize complete systems from conceptual or schematic design drawings.
6. Understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Systems terminology a plus.
D. Work Experience Requirements
1. Minimum of (10) ten years experience in quantifying and pricing all CSI Trade categories.
E. Education Requirements
1. Engineering or construction technology coursework. What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...