Mining Services, a business platform of Orica, is the
world's leading supplier of commercial explosives.
We work together with our Customers to improve the
productivity and economic and environmental outcomes of
individual mines. We do this through the application of
advanced blasting solutions tailored to their specific
needs and challenges.
It is through our strong focus on innovation that we are
able to support the performance goals of our Customers.
We measure our achievement through their success.
We partner with our Customers across many industries
including the open cut coal, open cut metal, underground
mining, quarrying and construction industries.
Orica aims to be among the best performers
internationally in safety and health and environment. As
part of this commitment, we invest significantly in
research and programs to support our vision of
Sustainable Development – for our Customers, for Orica
and for the future.
Driving semi trailers, bulk trucks and other equipment
for delivery of products to customer accounts. Careful
tracking of inventory with strong focus on safety.
Driver will have physical hand contact with moving raw
materials and finished product.
Safety, Health & Environment
Safety, Health & Environment.
- Support company-wide Deliver the Promise Goal of
- Immediately report any accidents, injuries or
- Alerts management immediately about any safety
- Participates in safety meetings and trainings
- Full understanding of all vehicle safety procedures.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment.
potential consequences if work not completed within
- Awareness of importance of safety procedures and
including checking and filling fluid levels.
- Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection of vehicles
location and ability to maneuver on the road and on
- Strong skills in backing large vehicles in any
customer property in a safe manner.
vehicles at all times.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the inside of Orica
strong knowledge of DOT compliance.
- CDL license holder with hazmat endorsement and
maintenance on all Orica equipment.
- Familiar with impact and importance of preventive
Material Handling and Magazine Operations
- Operate trucks and place for unloading at magazine
- Ensure each magazine is clean before locking.
- Ability to accurately document inventory levels.
- Movement of both bulk and packaged materials.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience driving and/or
- Requires Class B CDL and Hazmat endorsement.
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
inventory on daily basis.
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle
daily tasks, and high priority situations to
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing
- Efficiency Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
types of weather.
- Work Environment involves being outside in all
more of product or other materials
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or
squatting during preparation for shots
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and
Orica - 20 months ago