With a firm understanding of corporate objectives and culture, this position is responsible for the planning, budgeting, coordination and implementation of high quality, creative and cost effective corporate meetings and events including events and programs for the CEO, Executive Leadership and Board of Directors. This position is responsible for all aspects of event planning and execution including vendor relations, venue selection, contract negotiations, food and beverage selections, audio-visual service, transportation, etc. Oversees cost reconciliation and makes periodic reports on activities, costs. Interacts with Corporate Tax, Audit, Corporate Communications and Community Relations on a regular basis.. Act as corporate resource for general questions about venues and vendors. Performs other special projects as assigned by the Office of the CEO
1) Bachelor Degree;
2) Minimum 15 years’ experience in corporate event planning and production implementation handling large-scale events at an executive level with a successful track record;
3) Experience managing large-scale projects from initial conception to completion;
4) Well-organized and detail oriented; high sense of urgency: client focused; on-the-spot crisis management skills, problem solving; and professional image;
5) Clear and concise interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
6) Experience reviewing, negotiating and closing contracts;
7) Relationship building and nourishing skills;
8) Ability and willingness to travel, including numerous overnight stays;
9) Willingness to work nights and/or weekends as needed;
10) Self-directed, proactive and ability to work autonomously.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1) Working knowledge of HCSC operations and history, and established internal contacts;
2) Experience working directly with HCSC meetings and events;
3) Knowledge of ordering appropriate inventory for both internal and external events;
4) Certified Meeting Professional (CPM) designation or similar, or willingness to work toward certification;
5) Member in good standing in professional trade organization (i.e. International Special Event Society);
6) Working knowledge of current trends in the food & beverage and event planning industry;
7) Ability to design specialized menus to best meet the client’s needs;
8) Experience in the food and beverage industry.
Position located in the Chicago office.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 13 months ago