Vivint Solar Apprentice Electrician - Kauai
Vivint Solar's Apprentice Electrician position makes for a great full-time job for those living in and around Lihue, HI area. This position requires the candidate have a minimum 1 year of electrical apprenticeship experience. Demonstration of basic electrical knowledge is required. Employees in this job perform and oversee a variety of electrical installation duties including:
- Assisting the Journeyman electricians in the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property.
- Perform work as instructed by Journeyman and ensuring it is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes.
- Troubleshooting system problems and resolving electrical issues.
- You will take it upon yourself to keep the work area clean and free of hazards.
- In cooperation with Journeyman, ensure all required parts to complete that day’s work are stocked and available on the truck.
- Upon completion of electrical installation clean work area to prevent leaving any trash or tools behind.
- Interface with Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with Journeyman to apprentice ratios.
- Work to complete required schooling in preparation for Journeyman Exam.
- Must have minimum 1 year of field experience.
- Eager to listen to and learn from Journeyman.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret one line & CAD drawings.
- Able to perform basic electrical calculations.
- Basic knowledge of 2011 NEC and beginning ability to navigate it.
- Understanding of conduit and conductor installation methods.
- Must be willing to work in high places. Our installations are on rooftops, and subsequently, you will be on them!
- Willing to perform work as directed in high pressure situations.
- Must have a clean and valid driver's license, and be able to pass a drug test and background check.
Vivint, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.
- Minimum 1 year of electrical installation and repair experience.
- Experience reading and interpreting one line drawings and electrical schematics.
- Must have basic working knowledge of electrical theory.