High school (G.E.D.) required. Two years experience fielding healthcare with significant MD and patient interaction is required. Physician office experience preferred. Minimum of one year EPIC experience. Must be able to demonstrate competency in registration and scheduling. Ability to pass all EPIC competencies within 30 days of hire.
Primary Job Functions
• Perform the duties of the clerical staff in all functional areas to include Registration, Scheduling, Pod Secretary/Check Out and Medical Records on a daily basis. Has demonstrated competence in all specified areas.
• Acts as a core member of the Peer Interview Team utilizing all interview techniques.
• Train and mentor clerical staff in the areas of Registration, Scheduling, Pod Secretary/Check Out and Medical Records.
• Administer competency testing to staff, review results and make recommendations for further training if needed.
• In absence of the Clerical Supervisor, will coordinate the staffing schedule to ensure accurate and competent coverage in the event of staff vacations and call-ins.
• Facilitates the operations of the clinic by providing support to clerical staff when Clerical Supervisor is absent from the site. Communicates appropriate situations to Clinical Supervisor and Practice Administrator.
• On-site resource for I/S systems in non-clinical operational functions. Communicate operational issues to appropriate parties, submit ISR’s as needed. Act as point of contact for Telecom and I.S. as needed.
• Maintains and fosters effective customer relations with patients, providers and the public by listening, responding and documenting customer phone and walk in inquiries and complaints. Attempts to resolve complaints in the moment. Assist staff in learning to resolve complaints in the moment and to enter appropriate complaints and compliments into Advocate.
• Retrieves information from files as requested and assembles paperwork and reference material as requested by patients or providers. Responsible for following HIPAA confidentiality guidelines while performing all duties. Responsible for responding to requests within the scope of the job to include mailing or faxing material to PHS departments and other appropriate facilities.
• Actively participate in monthly staff meetings. Act as a leader/mentor for Process Improvement Teams.
• May be responsible for opening and distributing mail.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops as available.
• Performs other functions as required
We are new Mexico's only private, not-for-profit healthcare system. Presbyterian is owned by the communities it serves and reinvests in care...