Testing Specialist, Master (QS)-730727
The Testing Specialist, Master will work under general supervision to monitor software quality and associated business/technical risks across the software development lifecycle. Define and analyze technical risk for new and/or modified software products, then document, perform and interpret functional tests to mitigate risk. Perform varied and complex assignments of the software testing functionality. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other technical personnel. Guide, direct others and perform in the set-up and performance of the tests. Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation procedures to be used in the product design phase through the initial production.
Seeking a new Principal Associate for our Capital Markets Quality Services team to support the implementation and subsequent support of a new enterprise derivatives trading, risk management, and accounting system at Capital One. The system will be utilized by both our Derivatives Marketing and Corporate Treasury associates. Treasury is a critical part of the Global Finance organization and manages the funding and investment portfolio for Capital One. Derivatives Marketing works with our commercial bank customers to help best meet their funding needs. This position requires a good understanding of both technical and business aspects of investments (preferably derivatives) and accounting systems.
- Work with users to document system test cases, traceability to requirements, test data and validate new system before and after go-live in 2013.
- Work closely with users to setup and test upstream and downstream interfaces, trade workflows, statements, reports, derivative accounting and hedge accounting rules.
- Achieve test automation and build efficient regression suites.
- Work closely with users to define test strategy, plan of execution and ensure adherence to enterprise quality standards and procedures
- Work closely with users and external vendors to troubleshoot issues that arise during implementation process and subsequent post go-live support
- Test fixes, enhancements, and major changes prior to release into production
- Work with other IT groups within Capital One to coordinate testing of fixes, enhancements and projects
- Work closely with production support groups to analyze/resolve issues
- Work with internal and external auditors on SarBox and other related controls
- Work with internal technology groups (network, firewall, desktop, and server) to implement vendor and ASP solutions that may include client-side applications
- Work with desktop and software distribution groups as well as users on the deployment of new and upgraded applications
BS/BA in computer science, business or a quantitative major, preferably from a leading university.
- 5 - 7 years of testing experience with enterprise-level applications
- 2 - 4 years experience working with an enterprise portfolio management, accounting, and/or derivative trading & risk management system
- SME using HP Quality Center
- Knowledge of the mechanics and workflows associated with interest rate, FX, and credit derivative instruments
- Experience working with hedge accounting systems is a big plus
- Experience working with a leading derivative system such as Murex or Calypso is a big plus
- Ability to work with customers, create partnerships, and negotiate
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Results oriented
- Adaptable self-learner
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-McLean-Fairfax Co-Tysons Corner (12062)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 18 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...