This position will provide UX product design expertise to consumer and digital product development teams across all Time Inc brands. This position reports to the Director of UX.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, developers, and designers and advocate for the end user balancing business goals with product usability to solve business problems.
• Leverage all available insights including market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings in all design activities.
• Evangelize the best user experience and contribute/refine stakeholder ideas/concepts through Powerpoints, info-graphics, comps, storyboards, wireframes, and functional prototypes.
• Develop high-level product concepts (apps and websites) across multiple platforms (smartphones, tablets and desktops) by articulating the value proposition, requirements and success metrics; identifying target audience, developing user stories and creating user flows; creating navigation structures, site maps and screen design mockups; and creating wireframes and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and simulate interaction behaviors
• Translate high level strategy and conceptual sketches into annotated wireframes
• Perform usability evaluations for digital products currently in development and in the marketplace.
• Plan and execute specific user research activities resulting in actionable recommendations
• Contribute ideas, knowledge and insights on emerging trends across multiple technology platforms
• Work closely with developers to ensure features match their requirements
• Creating low fidelity prototype of an app idea for user testing
• Creating a product testing script user testing
• Facilitating informal product testing with users
• Designing a contest to acquire new fans
• Improving the registration/check out flow across e-commerce sites
• Designing an A/B test to experiment with a new photo gallery or feature
• Running a hallway usability test to settle a disagreement about two different layouts
• Strategize new product features to attract users and move them up the funnel into brand loyalists
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong communicator and analytical thinker with interest in new products and technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 5+ years experience developing mobile products and websites
• Solid portfolio featuring wire-framing and prototyping samples of mobile products (apps) and websites
• Rapid prototyping, storyboarding and wire-framing experience a must
• Knowledge and understanding of usability design principles, user testing methodologies and UX deliverables (user flows)
• Working knowledge of Axure, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, Keynote or other prototyping applications
• Familiarity with the IOS and Android UI Mobile Design Patterns and Guidelines
• Familiarity with Responsive Design patterns a plus
• Familiarity with social media platforms
• Familiarity with mobile advertising solutions/models a plus
• Familiarity with Adobe CS a plus
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is one of the world's leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of over 120 million and worldwide...