Sr. Software Engineer and Tools Developer
The software security tools expert is responsible for exploring and developing appropriate security development tools for Intel software product and services and enables new technologies to utilize the state-of-the-art security tools and methods. Maintains a deep level of Tools development expertise in at least one technical domain (e.g. web applications or mobile computing or web services or cloud computing etc.) and provides/contributes to thought leadership in this area.
- Provides consultation on security tools to software development product teams in Intel's Software and Solutions Group (SSG).
- Develops and enhances the required security assurance tools for technologies related to the web applications, web services, mobile and cloud computing software.
- Promotes research and innovation in security assurance tools and internal/external influence in software security community
- Works with SSG's Product Security Expert Centers to ensure their security tools requirements are addressed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Significant knowledge of static and dynamic analysis, threat analysis, and related tools
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following security assurance tools areas: web application, web services, mobile computing, and ecommerce
- Strong interest in current intrusion methods and prevention for software security.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
Position requires a minimum of 6 years experience in SW developer tools development, preferably including experience implementing security tools and performing security assurance in ecommerce and mobile computing environments. Position requires a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Must have significant experience in developing security tools for at least one major technical security domain (applications, web services, mobile computing etc.)
- Must have strong consulting skills and be comfortable partnering with business units to understand business requirements and advise on security matters
- Must have broad technical knowledge in software security and be able to learn quickly
- Must be capable of credibly communicating moderately complex process and technical concepts to both very technical and non-technical audiences
- Should have knowledge of security policies
- Should have broad technical foundation and be able to understand web applications and web services development and support as necessary to be able to analyze issues using security tools and recommend solutions for the detection, remediation and prevention of security vulnerabilities.
- Validation experience and knowledge in programming languages like C or C++ is required
- Experience using Windows and Linux operating systems is required
USA-California, Santa Clara
May 28, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...