Samuel, Son & Co., Limited operates business units associated with the distribution, transportation, processing and manufacturing of metals and industrial products. We provide customer solutions for all types of metals and manufactured products. Samuel was founded in 1855 and currently is the largest family owned metals processor and distributor in North America.
Samuel has over 100 strategically located steel service centers and manufacturing facilities. The customers we serve vary in size from leading automotive manufacturers to specialized product designers; yet, each one is treated with the same superior customer service that you would expect from a 5th generation, family run business.
We now have an opening for an Outside Sales Representative.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing the overall sales and inventory management and profitability of accounts assigned to the qualified candidate. You will utilize telephone calling, emailing, facsimile and face-to-face contact to ensure customer satisfaction. You will identify selling opportunities and assertively act upon those that offer maximum potential and profit; develop target accounts and maintain strong working relationships with established customers. This position works closely with the Inside Sales group and Sales Management to ensure high quality service, including on time delivery according to customer specifications.
Other qualifications include:
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum 5 years sales/customer service experience in the steel industry – specifically in carbon plate processing, stainless steel and aluminum sales.
- Qualified candidates should have the ability to develop new account relationships and expand business within an existing customer base – specifically Houston and the surrounding areas.
- Large account management experience and knowledge of OEM end users is necessary.
- Steel product knowledge, general business acumen and demonstrated customer service aptitude is also required.
The qualified candidate must also have the ability to negotiate effectively, educate customers about Samuel's products and services as well as have the ability to formulate sales quotes and proposals.
- ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to a high volume of people,
- strong written and verbal communication skills,
- knowledge of MS Office applications specifically Word and Excel,
- the ability to work independently and as a team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program.
Mail your resume with salary requirements to:
Samuel, Son & Co. Inc., 5022 Ashley Court, Houston, TX 77041, c/o Rosiland Busa
Or via facsimile713-462-1326
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Samuel, Son & Co. Inc. EOE MFVD
Monster - 11 months ago
Samuel, Son & Co. processes and distributes steel, stainless steel, aluminum plates, and alloys. It is one of the largest metal processo...