Plans and implements the overall nursing policies, procedures, and services for a unit. Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training clinical staff. Ensures that nurses are current in competency, assessments, licensure, certifications, and other annual training. May provide direct patient care and is responsible for assessing, planning, and evaluating patients. Generally manages nurses and clinical technicians. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to top management. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN required OR completion of BSN by December 2013. Minimum of 3 years experience as a charge nurse or other equivalent leadership experience. Licensure in the State of Idaho as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN). BLS required from American Red Cross or Healthcare Provider Card from the American Heart Association.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment up to 35 pounds.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Kootenai Health - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -