Join STERIS in its vision to see the world free from
Infection and Contamination as a
Service Desk Technician
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Lead, this position
will take on incident reporting and first-level handling
of all Service Desk incidents using effective
communication and problem solving skills to assist
customers. Maintain the defined service level and
responsiveness to all incidents reported to the Service
Desk. Take ownership and responsibility of reporting,
researching, documenting, resolving, and/or escalating
incidents accurately and completely.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides Tier I telephone support for requests for
assistance from STERIS internal customers.
2. Responsible for monitoring and processing
web-based, voicemail and in person requests for
3. The ability to accurately diagnose problems through
discussions with users, using appropriate problem
recognition, research, isolation and resolution
steps which includes the use of remote assistance
for office and home-based customers.
4. Relaying requests for assistance that are outside
the scope of the issue to Tier II Service Desk
support or other appropriate IT Tier II business
5. Effectively questioning and actively listening to
all callers to capture all information needed to
resolve or triage customer issues while recording
all troubleshooting and communication in the Service
Desk ticketing system.
6. Performs basic and routine Call Center tasks by
monitoring Service Desk phone queue, call groups and
7. Monitoring call volumes and proactively notifying
key Information to Tier II and III Service Desk
staff when reoccurring problems arise.
8. Initiating escalation procedures when needed;
notifying appropriate technical and/or managerial
personnel and key customers.
9. Participating in maintenance of an automated
knowledgebase to aid in assessing and diagnosing
10. Being an active participant of the Service Desk
support team, working to maximize the effectiveness
of the entire team.
11. Relocate equipment in facilities when requested by
the Facilities Department.
12. Maintain inventories and upkeep of Service Desk
operations areas to ensure working in a safe
13. Performs other functionally related duties as
Associates, Bachelor's Degree, or technical institute
- High School Diploma required. Working towards an
- Working towards Microsoft and A+ certifications are
1. Windows Operating experience is required.
2. Strong telephone etiquette with strong verbal and
written communication skills.
3. Strong listening and questioning skills and be able
to work with a large variety of customers
4. Must be a self-starter who adapts readily to
changes in workload, staffing and scheduling.
5. Must be able to receive formal/informal training
and retain the information so that it may be applied
later at an independent level.
6. Must be able to multi-task and seek out the
appropriate resources independently to close calls
STERIS is a $1B+, publicly traded (NYSE) organization of
over 5000 employees and is dedicated to providing
innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and
health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative
STERIS Corporation complies with all obligations with
respect to online application systems under guidelines
provided by the US Department of Labor's Office of
Federal Contract Compliance Programs. If you are a
disabled person who requires reasonable accommodation to
complete an online application, please contact the
STERIS Human Resources Department by phone at
440-392-7047 or 800-548-4873, extension 27047 for
Steris - 12 months ago
STERIS Corporation (STERIS), together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination...