Would you like to join a team focused on producing high-quality technical publications for Amazon Web Services products? Do you have the technical documentation background and the passion for producing cutting-edge content necessary to maintain Amazon as the premier player in cloud computing and web services technology?
As a Technical Editor in Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to work with a stellar technical team to create and drive quality standards and edit and produce product documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to be a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is to support the vibrant developer community that consumes AWS products. To enable this, the technical publications team plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to consume and follow.
The ideal candidates have experience editing in-depth content for developer and system administrator products and the ability to drive consistency and unity across individual documentation sets in a product suite. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience as a project manager, be very organized, and enjoy coordinating and driving documentation projects. You will have a strong understanding of customer needs and experience acting as a customer advocate. Working with other editors and writers on the team, you will use the editorial process to ensure a high-quality documentation experience.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience editing online or web content for a large software product or suite of software products
* Degree in English, Technical Communication, or related field
* Experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities
* Advanced grammar skills
* Developmental and copy editing skills
* Knowledgeable in using multiple documentation tools to develop base templates and manipulate output styles
* Experience editing highly technical developer or systems administration documentation
* Experience with customer engagement via social media and blogs a plus
* Some experience with web services and related technologies a plus
* Some experience working in an agile programming environment a plus
*Some experience creating documentation videos a plus
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
* Familiarity with programming languages
* Experience with XML
* A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering results
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
* Passion for creating a great customer experience
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...