Description of client project with internal or end customer (what is the customer doing):
The Office of Performance Analysis and Integrity (PA&I) manages and enhances the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). The EDW is the source for all data and information about Veterans benefits data. It contains relevant data from each of VBA’s transactional systems and arrays the data in a variety of business intelligence reporting for executive managers, business lines and claims processing teams in VBA’s 57 Regional Offices. EDW data is used for fraud detection and prevention, financial auditing and reports to Congress; it is also the source for all legal reporting requirements.
The Contractor will support the ongoing operations of the VBA EDW. The scope of this effort is to provide technical services required to sustain EDW applications in the areas of design, development, enhancement, integration, implementation, maintenance, and infrastructure support. The scope also includes development and maintenance of business intelligence capabilities and predictive analytics
Describe the responsibilities of the position (what will the employee be doing):
- Test enhancements to EDW to ensure data integrity, query validity, and proper report generation.
- Work closely with other contractor team members and other government staff to ensure full understanding of system enhancements and requirements for queries and reports to effectively accomplish testing.
- Develop test plans, Test Conditions and Test Cases to ensure changes are thoroughly tested before being put into production.
- Generate test reports reflecting the results of testing activities.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience in testing software products, 3 years
- Experience in preparing test plans, test cases and test reports, 3 years
- Can Substitute 8 years additional exp for education
- Experience with Oracle OBIEE tools a plus
BS in Comp Sci or other Tech field
Due to clearance requirements, US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Veteran's Enterprise Technology Solutions, Inc. - 18 months ago