As a Commercial Sales Representative you will sell new and retreaded commercial truck tires and related products and services for a Wingfoot Commercial Tire Center. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing current customer accounts.
- Actively seeking new accounts and represent the company to potential customers.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of products and services to provide accurate information to customers.
- Selling company supported products and services.
- Meeting established sales and gross profit goals.
- Evaluating customer needs and making recommendations utilizing the "marketing approach to selling."
- Preparing weekly sales plans and completing all call reports following established company procedures.
- Attending sales training and continually working to improve sales skills.
- Implementing marketing programs to solicit new clients through cold calls, organizations, referrals, etc.
- Scheduling fleet service appointments and coordinating appointments with the service department.
- Conducting fleet needs evaluations and providing customers with cost analysis and benefits.
- Ensuring prompt resolution of tire adjustments and ensuring that customer casings are handled appropriately. Delivering tires to customers as needed.
- Maintaining company property in accordance with company policy.
- Assisting with a variety of duties within the assigned location, such as attending to customers, maintaining inventory, moving and stacking tires, and other duties as required.
This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Must be willing to work for a base monthly salary plus commission.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one year of relevant sales experience is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...