Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate and must hold and maintain a current, unrestricted certification as a Medical Assistant in the state of employment and hold a valid CPR card, with a minimum of 1 year clinical experience in a healthcare setting, with correctional healthcare experience preferred.
Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Director of Nursing (DON), and Registered Nurse(s) (RN), the MA is responsible for providing routine clinical tasks as assigned.
- Use knowledge and expertise to ensure that clinical processes and systems are followed appropriately according to policies and procedures, company performance, and accreditation standards.
- Use all functions and applications of TechCareTM relevant to the position with no supervision, and assist with staff training as requested.
- Perform routine blood drawing procedures as applicable by licensure.
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, and employees at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate personal performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations and organizational criteria.
- Take and document vital signs, height and weight and assist with PPDs and EKGs as required.
- Assist with examinations and/or treatments as needed and report all changes in patients’ conditions.
- Assist with patient hygiene, ambulation, and dressing changes.
- Complete at least 12 hours of CEU pertinent to correctional health care annually.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining self-control when under pressure, separating professional from personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by setting an example.
- Participate in all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings as assigned and required in accordance with contract compliance.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations or patient care.
NaphCare, Inc. - 19 months ago
NaphCare, Inc. is uniquely qualified as a correctional healthcare partner, having provided a wide range of services since 1989. Our...