Job Id 18561 - Posted 02/04/2013 - Logistics & Operations - Americas - United States - Connecticut - Windsor
JOB SKILLs AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Perform the physical activities necessary to receive, sort, clean, transfer, pack, and tear down inventory through the designated work stages in the warehouse which include receiving, testing, cleaning/packing, tear down/recycling, and shipping;
- Physically move inventory to appropriate staging areas for further processing as per work order. Physical functions required to perform this job include lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, transporting, sorting, piling and stacking. Activities are routine and repetitive in nature. Utilize equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, material movement carts, lifts, ladders, etc;
- Maintain system transactions and paperwork that validate the processing and disposition of material though the company's warehouse management system (ROMS2). Complete records, logs, manifests, time sheets and other pertinent documentation to support the job's function;
- Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping by following established safety procedures;
- Maintain required quality and production levels
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Tolerance for the physical demands of working in a warehouse (ability to stand, lift, bend and kneel for extended periods of time in an environment that is not climate controlled);
- Ability to safely use material handling tools and equipment;
- Ability to safely load, transfer, and unload pallets and skids (must be able to lift up to 50 pounds)
- Familiarization with basic computer components;
- Ability to read and write English; ability to read and understand written work instructions;
- Good memorization skills
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world''s largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine''s 'Most Admired Companies''. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow employees work on many technology advancements, around the globe, in many different markets. Arrow's has created an environment that fosters growth and development, through collaboration with our co-workers, customers and suppliers. Our team at Arrow is working toward a common goal-success for Arrow and our partners.
- 1-3 years experience as a laborer or warehouse worker
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please click on Contact Arrow Career, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Arrow - 17 months ago
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...