Standard & Poor’s is seeking a Sr. Application Developer to be a key player in the analysis, design, implementation, and support of the Ratings Gateway portal platform applications. This role requires a seasoned technologist, who works effectively, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment. The candidate must be a delivery-focused person with solid financial applications experience skills. The candidate will report to the Director of Application Development & Architecture and will assist with day-to-day support and operations functions, design, development, code reviews, unit testing, and deployment tasks. In addition, the candidate must be a skilled integration specialist well versed in the integration methods to onboard various applications of various technologies and platforms.
The responsibilities also include:
- Execute on technical strategy and direction, and providing support and governance for systems delivery and maintenance
- Design and deliver on cross-platform integration, manage technical products life cycles, support systems delivery, application systems development, technology solutions, support consulting services to promote and protect architectural integrity of the platform and portal shared services model
- Architect, design and develop industry-leading J2EE based applications specifically geared towards a J2EE based Portal environment
- Create and establish long standing working partnerships with various technology groups in implementing both vertical and horizontal applications into a unified portal framework
- Produce system design documents and participate in technical walkthroughs
- Respond to and resolve production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in production based work experience; MS in Computer Science highly desirable;
- A minimum of 6 years of production experience in software development in a Unix/Sun Solaris, Java/J2EE Relational Database (Oracle 9i/10g) environment;
- Production experience in a J2EE Portal (such as Vignette or Liferay) design, development, config, optimization, administration, support work; applies to both JSR 168 and Liferay APIs portlets;
- Strong web application server side and middleware development experience delivering Java/J2EE applications using technologies, specifically on Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, EJB, RMI, JMS, Swing, Java applets;
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology;
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Hands-on experience with XML/XSL and building Web Services (UDDI, SOAP, WSDL);
- Proficiency in the development environment, including the Eclipse IDE, Tomcat/iPlanet web servers, Weblogic application servers, source control system, unit-testing tool and Quality Center defect management tool;
- Preferable if having experience in seamless integration of Pega workflow systems into Portal environment
- Strong skills and experience on using build tools, specifically Ant, Maven, Nolio
- Strong understanding of system architecture, object-oriented design, and J2EE framework and patterns;
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures, SQL optimization skills;
- Experience in working with credit (market) data a must; knowledge of the ratings process is preferred;
- Experience working with real time news feed systems;
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services , a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Job ID :
Posted On :
S&P Ratings Services
New York, NY US
McGraw Hill Financial - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....