Requisition ID: 22383BR Job Title: Manager Talent Planning & Engagement Division: Corporate Business Unit: HR Business Function: Human Resources/Recruiting Business Sub Function: Country: United States State: MI City: Kalamazoo Shift: 1st Job Description: Summary of Position & Responsibilities
Creates, implements, and provides thought leadership for key talent planning and engagement initiatives. The individual will report to the Director, Talent Planning & Engagement and work closely with divisional HR Business Partners and OD Center of Expertise colleagues to help Stryker strengthen, design and execute organizational development and talent management strategies and tactics across the enterprise. Key activities include:
- Design, develop and implement key talent planning and engagement initiatives such as the global employee engagement survey, on-boarding processes, performance management, and talent planning. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to create process and structure where it does not currently exist.
- Primary responsibility for managing all aspects of the annual global employee engagement survey process, including coordinating divisional participation, providing project leadership, guidance and support to divisional liaisons and leaders, and working closely with Gallup throughout the process.
- Work closely with Stryker’s talent management community to gain key stakeholder input and support.
- Create organizational communications, change management strategies and training for managers, leaders and employee related to talent management initiatives from the COE.
- Manage external benchmarking and academic reviews to maintain expert knowledge in world class global talent and engagement practices and policies relevant to talent planning, performance management, development planning, and employee engagement.
- Assist in the identification and tracking of key metrics to determine overall effectiveness of initiatives which support Stryker’s strategic business goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the Stryker Human Resources community, collaborating with business partners, vendor partners and associated support staff to enhance performance, engagement and retention.
- Work as part of a core team and take on additional responsibilities to implement various solutions that fall within the OD Center of Expertise, including meeting facilitation and presentations, as appropriate.
- Strong consultative, project management and interpersonal skills
- High customer service orientation
- Knowledge of critical talent disciplines, including employee engagement, talent planning, feedback and assessment, and career development.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for producing quality work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to drive execution and achieve business results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and created process and structure where it does not currently exist
Bachelors Degree (or its global equivalent) from an accredited university in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field.
Valued, but not required skills and experience
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in the areas of human resources, organization development, training and development, and/or talent management
- Experience in talent planning and/or performance management within a corporate environment to include individual goal and career development planning, appraisal processes and systems, and/or feedback and coaching
- Understanding of employee engagement assessment tools and processes, along with data analysis, reporting and improvement planning to drive positive business outcomes.
- Experience with competency modeling, curriculum and workshop design, and general OD tools and approaches.
- Knowledge and experience with, selection, assessment, development and related HR activities.
Physical demands and work environment
- Masters degree in business, organizational behavior, HR management or related field.
- Experience with change management, training facilitation, workshop presentations, and curriculum and workshop design
- Globally dispersed team which requires ability to work remotely and create rapport with network of colleagues located in various locations
- Location of position is open, but highly preferred to be local to a Stryker facility
Approximately 10-15% overall, with varying levels depending on business demands and specific deliverables Qualifications/Work Experience: Percent Travel Required: 10-15%
Is this an operating room or Dad's workshop? Stryker's surgical products include such instruments as drills, saws, and even cement...