Write or debug programs to maintain and control computer systems software, such as operating systems, networked systems and database systems.
Provide technical and disaster recovery support for systems software.
Install, configure and monitor z/OS software, including VTAM, TCPIP, NetView, Omegamon for MainFrame Networks, Connect: Direct (NDM), TPX and TIBCO MFT (Cyberfusion).
Provide timely resolution of problems related to hardware and software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another job-related field
- Or four years of job-related work experience
- Or four years of combined education and experience
Required Work Experience
- Four years of IT experience, including varied programming experience.
- Experience adding, removing, modifying and changing VTAM and TCPIP communications settings on ZOS
- Experience/ability to plan and participate in Disaster Recovery exercises for VTAM and TCPIP communication network for ZOS
- Experience installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting NetView, Connect: Direct, TPX, and TIBCO MFT
- Experience/ability to ensure the provision of data integrity, maintenance and utilization of ZOS communications environment to identify and resolve server faults.
- System administration experience on Windows, AIX, Linux and zLinux.
- Experience installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting IBM Sterling Contol Center, File Gateway, and Secure Proxy.
- Experience with Omegamon for MainFrame Networks and Tivoli Enterprise Portal including creating and modifying workspaces and situations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Comprehension of advanced data storage techniques, basic database philosophy, database management and advanced programming techniques.
- Understanding of the requirements for maintaining production systems and the effect of systems changes.
- Solid understanding of currently used programming productivity tools and their use.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance and implementation strategies of systems software.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of programming languages and tools used in the department.
- Ability to analyze software specifications for completeness and compatibility with operation systems.
- Knowledge of z/OS networking including VTAM, TCPIP and SMP/E.
- Knowledge of CA-TPX, NetView, Connect: Direct (NDM), and Tibco-MFT (Cyberfusion).
- Working knowledge of SAS and SMF records
- Working knowledge of Advanced Networking Concepts (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, Network Security, Enterprise Extender, APPN)
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina - 17 months ago
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation was established in 2001. To promote the good health of South Carolinians and to...