Corporate Relations (CR) plays a vital role in Allstate's success. We advance the business priorities of the corporation through effective strategic communications and promote alignment and engagement with Allstate's reputation-building strategies across the enterprise. We provide our leaders, our employees and our agency owners and their staffs with tools that help drive exceptional value for customers. We drive business results through:
Improved external reputation with investors, policymakers, media, customers, consumers, engaged consumers and opinion-leaders
Improved Allstater engagement and accountability
We lead work that reassures our customers -- and those who someday will be customers -- that they are in Good Hands with Allstate. We help policymakers and regulators understand how we prepare and protect their constituents. We connect Allstate with communities around the country and deliver on our "good hands" promise to society.
Corporate Relations is divided into four core teams:
Each team addresses a mix of "inward facing" (employees, agency owners and staff) and "outward facing" (external audiences) stakeholders. Our structure forces cross functional collaboration. Together Corporate Relations will:
- Integrated Corporate Communications is comprised of Media Relations & Issues Management, Sales & Customer Service, Strategic Business Communications, Integration, Customer Experience and the Regional Communications teams.
- Reputation Leadership, CEO Strategic Communications, and Thought Leadership is comprised of Reputation Leadership, CEO Business Partnership, and the Thought Leadership teams.
- Public Social Responsibility & Allstater Engagement is comprised of The Allstate Foundation, Public Social Responsibility, and Enterprise Communication teams.
- Planning & Administration is comprised of Multi Media Studios, Financial Planning and Logistics and Talent Development Initiatives teams.
o Advise on fundamental business model, brand, culture, policies, and, most importantly, values.
- Position Allstate and also help to define who we are
o Lead the development of social networks and the tools and skills of relationship building and collaborative influence - both to seize new opportunities and to respond to new threats.
- Both develop channels for messaging as well as networks of relationships
o Shape behavior - inside and out - to make Allstate's goals a reality.
- Change perceptions by changing realities
Interns will work on specific assignments and projects for one of the teams within the Corporate Relations Department. You will work side by side with experienced professionals to translate your classroom knowledge into real-world challenges in a dynamic business environment.
The individual will be responsible for:
Completing writing assignments and communication projects for clients or external media/ stakeholders
Completing other communication activities as assigned
The Allstater Engagement team designs and executes a best-in-class enterprise communications system with timely, strategic and compelling content and engaging delivery that encourages interactivity and dialogue. The team's objectives are to:
The team develops and implements all-employee, all-manager and officer communication and engagement strategies, vehicles and content. Engagement tools include AllstateNOW, Leader2Leader, Line of Sight toolkit, the Quarterly Communication, companywide announcements, Inside the Numbers interactive tool, digital signage and enterprise social media (The Alley).
- Drive understanding and alignment of Allstate's Our Shared Vision with employees and agency owners, and to embed these principles in actions.
- Improve Allstate's reputation with internal stakeholders through strategic communications designed to enhance loyalty, employee and agency owner engagement and understanding of key company strategies, priorities and initiatives.
- Create a clear line of sight between Allstater accountabilities and corporate strategies through communications that enhance awareness, understanding, commitment and results.
Qualifications Candidates should have a deep interest and understanding of public relations demonstrate good oral and excellent written communication skills the ability to assume responsibility prioritize their work and think creatively. Previous academic extracurricular and/or work experience related to communications is strongly preferred.
We prefer candidates who are upper-level undergraduate students majoring in public relations communication or journalism with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or graduate-level students.
- 4 years ago - save job
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're In...