The Sr. Dental Assistant/Coordinator will provide clinical coordination and four-handed chairside assistance for the dentists in the Kuwaiti AEGD/Master’s Degree Program at the Kornberg School of Dentistry. The Sr. Dental Assistant will also coordinate with Business Office management and staff, Clinical Affairs Office, Central Records, and other departments and divisions. Responsibilities include: Support the Kuwaiti AEGD Residents with lab cases to include packing cases for transport to labs and maintaining a log of incoming and outgoing cases; Scheduling and coordinating patient appointments with lab case return dates and appropriate supervising faculty; Preparation of instruments for sterilization; Maintain logs for equipment maintenance and other safety logs for infection control; Coordinate scheduling of patients for Kuwaiti AEGD Residents; Facilitate patient flow for the Kuwaiti AEGD Residents; Expose and develop x-rays; Monitor supply inventory and order supplies as needed; Pour dental impressions and trim models; Prepare and review insurance forms and process department billing. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
At least two years of directly related dental assisting experience and completion of a two year college or other state board-approved program. Dental Radiology Certification from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required. Certified Dental Assistant and CPR Certification required. An equivalent combination of education and/or additional experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a highly motivated individual with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent knowledge of dental terminology, procedures and diagnosis, CDT billing codes, and use of axiUm clinic management system.
- Must have extreme attention to detail as well as confidentiality.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience working with international dentists and patients, and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to function independently and efficiently.
- Must have good computer skills.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
- Experience with clinical education and practice in an advanced general dentistry program.
- Experience working closely with, and providing support for international students.
- Experience in the axiom clinical management system.
Temple University - 18 months ago