At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for an Food Safety Manager to join our team.
Our vision for Product Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product and Social Responsibility department as the Food Safety Manager, focusing on Grocery operations. The position will be located in California. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
As a high-level summary the deliverables are:
- Incorporate Food Safety industry best practice into product handling processes for receipt, storage, transportation and disposal of food to ensure the safety of Amazon customers;
- Work directly with Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Vendors to develop and implement procedures which comply with national and state regulatory standards;
- Develop a sustainable processes to audit food safety;
- Continuously identify and communicate improvement opportunities;
- Create and deploy internal food safety procedures and training;
- Leverage technology to manage compliance processes;
- Create and monitor business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness;
- Lead internal communication with Amazon’s grocery, legal, fulfillment center operations and related technology teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- 5+ years of experience managing Food Safety in a Grocery environment;
- Program Management experience;
- Demonstrated experience creating sustainable processes;
- Knowledge of government regulations (FDA, USDA);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements;
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture;
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Supervisory experience leading a compliance/audit team;
- Six Sigma experience/training;
- Online/retail experience.
Amazon.com - 22 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...