Haltom City, TX
2 month contract
Pay: $32.00/hr w2
Hours: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
This position is responsible for assisting in the planning, directing, and coordination of the employee health service operations to assure and ongoing program of employee health. The position is responsible for administering immediate first aid treatment to injured or sick employees and determines if they are physically able to work. To recommend preventative health programs, such as the administration of vaccines and yearly of employees. To assist in coordinating the pre-employment and post employment physical examinations in conjunction with affiliated physicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. This position is responsible for collecting employee health history and performs examinations as required for employment purposes. Position will be responsible for conducting various tests of employees including audiometric , coordinating drug and alcohol tests and annual blood pressure screening. Position will maintain records of such . Refers employees to personal physicians and / or professional assistance if necessary. Position will advise management of physical limitations and advises on placement.
2. The position will maintain medical files that are up to date, accurate and in accordance with federal and state laws. Position will discuss physical restrictions of employees with health care providers to determine what jobs may be performed. If no rated job can be performed, position will assist supervisors in locating restricted duty positions.
3. Administers medication and treatment to ill and / or injured employees and reports and logs activity. Provides follow up care and provides advice to employees as appropriate. Informs supervisor of employee s condition and insure that the employee s restrictions are followed. Position will maintain logs, develop and maintain occupational health programs as required by OSHA, local law, and Sara . Position is responsible for scheduling transportation for ill and / or injured employees to the company clinic or hospital as needed.
4. Position will be responsible for updating safety policies related to health practices as needed and train employees in proper, safe health practices.
5. Answers employee questions regarding disability leave of absence procedures, worker s compensation procedures, and applicable health insurance procedures.
6. Coordinates all company activities dealing with the Employee Assistance Program. Gives presentations to promote good health practices and to continue employee education on controlling costs of health benefits.
7. Coordinates annual wellness and preventative health programs. Reviews medical stock supplies periodically and ensures that adequate supplies are on hand. Attends seminars to keep apprised of current trends and developments in occupational health.
8. Position will be responsible for management of the medical program for MSD diagnosis and treatment as outlined in the Sara Corporate Medical Protocol. Position will coordinate annual ergonomic training for office personnel.
Minimal supervision required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of general nursing practices and health resources available to employees within the community. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Requires at least two years experience as an Occupational Health Nurse and practical exposure to Worker s Compensation programs.