Outstanding opportunity with a quality metal fabricating facility located in Streetsboro, OH. Join a team of dedicated professionals as a Quality Technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Audit of the preparation of 824 QF-2 (WIP Sheets) and the Pareto analysis of why these forms are incomplete prior to closure of the associated work orders.
- May enter Data for SPC software.
- Assist with maintenance of the MRB areas including the initiation of disposition of materials within the MRB.
- Know the fundamentals of the 10% rule in regards to characteristic measuring.
- Thorough knowledge of 83 QP-1.(Nonconforming Material)
- Thorough knowledge of 852 QP-1.
- Assist accounting in the preparation of Cost of Quality figures.
- May assist with 1st Piece Approval Process including PPAP, ISIR and FAI layouts
- Assist production with print interpretation and gauging when needed.
- Assist in operation of CMM, Faro Arm, or any other Quality Instruments
- Calibration of instruments and gauges utilizing Gage Pack software
- Able to perform process capability studies and analysis.
- Can perform floor inspection, shipping & receiving, source and final inspections.
- Can perform internal audits of QMS.
- Assists in determining root cause of defects and assists in the corrective action process.
- Assists in the generation of work instructions.
- Assists in identifying gauging requirements and procures new gages as needed.
- Qualifies templates / gauges used for in-process inspections.
- Assists in the CAR Process utilizing 8D methodology and participates in the verification process.
- Assists in the Internal Audit Process.
- Helps in the identification of nonconforming product.
- Receipt of On-The-Job-Training from Level 2 Tech, Quality Supervisor or Director of Quality Assurance.
- Know what the Company Quality Policy and Quality Objectives mean to them and their role associated with the achievement of these objectives.
- Assist Level 2 Tech, Quality Supervisor in the development of Continual Improvement tasks
QA Techs have the authority to:
- Place HOLD tags on product they determine to be suspect. (QMSf-7.5.3-6).
- Has the authority to pick out and order calibration equipment as needed.
- Has the authority to create CARs when required.
- Has the authority to OK work to proceed after the 1st Pc. Approval process.
Employee is responsible for complete customer satisfaction through the quality of their own work. Their goal is to reduce variability to achieve zero defects for our products and services while improving cycle times.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs..
- 1-5 years in a Quality Engineering/Technician discipline.
- Good communication skills, team player, ability to multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes to include: stamping, laser, CNC punch, press brake and welding or similar manufacturing environment.
- Computer skill set to include but not limited to CAD, Microsoft Office, SPC based software.
- Proficient in Blueprint reading.
Come join a leading manufacturer of metal goods. We offer a full benefit package as well as professional and personal growth. Send your resume with salary requirements - Please indicate the job you are applying to in the subject line of your e-mail.