Linux Automation Engineer - 19977
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Linux Automation Engineer
Category Information Technology
Location US-TX-Austin Austin, TX 78753, US
Education High School
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
An Automation Engineer is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and are expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers. An Automation Engineer is the owner of complex automations that enable Rackspace to better serve our customers. The Administrator applies create problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way. An Automation Engineer is expected to use initative and standard programming practices to ensure the stability and security of Rackspace,s automated solutions.
Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the capabilities, performance and reliability of the automations. Coordinates the order and execution of the development, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing the automations. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requirements. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers.
Defines, designs and implements automated solutions using the UNIX platform. Responsible for building and supporting automations for deployment, diagnostics and remidiations run on customer devices. This will include bulk and on demand solutions for end user use.
- General knowledge of servers/computer hardware and software.
- General knowledge of DNS, including diagnostics with Unix tools.
- General knowledge of Network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix tools.
- General knowledge of RedHat Linux.
- General knowledge of system services (i.e., Apache, Mail transfer agents (sendmail, postfix, qmail), FTP, SSH and DNS).
- DNS fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix tools; network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix took, knowledge of PC hardware, Red Hat Linux, Apache, MySQL, Sendmail and Postfix and Qmail, Basis PHP, OpenSSH, Plesk Control Panel.ontinually expands knowledge in the areas of new developments and trends; may make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
- Must be detailed in documenting information and practice good follow through techniques.
- Excellent problem solving abilities, coulpled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; bi-lingual skills is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusivenessin small groups.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- Designs and develops automation scripts and programs in support of Rackspace and its customers.
- This position will help create a series of automated actions that will allow for faster deployemts and service restoration for the customer.
- Develop against current versions of the UNIX platform supported by Rackspace.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires approximately 1 - 2 years experience working in a computer technical field.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Technical certifications (i.e., RHCE, RHCT, A+, CompTIA, MySQL, CCNA, CCIE) are a plus.
- Able to touch type 50 - 60 wpm.
- Good ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
Why Here? Why Now?—About Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX) is the open cloud company, delivering open technologies and powering more than 197,000 customers worldwide. Rackspace provides its renowned Fanatical Support® across a broad portfolio of IT products, including Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Hosting and Dedicated Hosting. Rackspace has been recognized by Bloomberg BusinessWeek as a Top 100 Performing Technology Company, is featured on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For and is included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Rackspace was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant by Gartner Inc. in the “2011 Magic Quadrant for Managed Hosting.” Rackspace is headquartered in San Antonio with offices and data centers around the world.
For the 4,500+ current Rackers, however, we are much more than a hosting company. Rackspace offers a vibrant company culture filled with compelling work, a supportive team environment and a lot of fun. We are as Fanatical® about serving our clients and one another as we are about building the future of technology.
We compete in the same space as Amazon, Microsoft and Google because the work that Rackers do allows us to lead the race for innovation and quality. Rackers’ opinions, ideas and creativity are pushed to the limit because pushing beyond the boundaries of today’s hosting standards is the only way to be number one. The pressure is on—Are you ready?
But, don’t take it from us—Rackspace’s awards and recognitions include:
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2008, 2009, 2011
- Forbes Top 100 Best Small Companies 2010
- Forbes 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies 2011
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2010, 2012
- Computer World Best Places to Work in IT 2010
- Business Insider 25 Best Tech Companies to Work For 2011
- Bloomberg Business Week Top 100 Performing Technology Company 2010
- InformationWeek Top Technology Innovators Across America 2010
- Info-Tech Champion in Cloud Infrastructure 2010
Learn more at our website.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 13 months ago
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...