Cloudant develops cutting-edge data and analytics solutions for the new generation of distributed, connected business applications. We are looking for a brilliant and talented ops engineer to manage, monitor, and scale our infrastructure. We have assembled a top-notch engineering team with deep roots in the open source community. We use and rely on cutting edge tools to develop our cloud-hosted platform. The ideal candidate is obsessed with high-availability distributed systems and cannot sleep unless the servers are well-oiled and humming.
- You might be a good fit if you ...
- Think devops makes a lot of sense
- Have contributed a patch to Chef
- Have written a simple Erlang program
- Setup a high availability load balancer installation
- Like to automate everything
- Are a self-starter and can push a project forward without much guidance
- Own your work
- Develop, improve, and maintain the infrastructure management systems behind Cloudant’s hosted data platform
- Manage our global cloud deployments across multiple providers
- Manage our deployment, testing, and CI infrastructure
- Maintain Cloudant’s open source BigCouch packages and cookbooks
- 5+ years experience running production web systems in varied deployment environments
- Experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, Softlayer, and Rackspace
- Data center operations experience a plus
- Experience configuring network equipment a plus
- Mastery of the tools and systems Cloudant uses including Ubuntu Linux, Amazon EC2, Chef, HAProxy, Munin, Jenkins, git, and CouchDB.
- Ability to build Debian and RPM packages
- Ruby and Erlang knowledge a big plus
Cloudant provides developers of large or fast-growing Web and mobile applications with the world’s first globally distributed “data layer as a service” for loading, storing, analyzing, and distributing application data. The Cloudant Data Layer is a managed service that helps developers to eliminate the delays, costs, and distractions inherent in working with databases and their administrators, while providing unmatched scalability, availability, and performance. This capability accelerates time-to-market and time-to-innovation, because it frees developers from the mechanics of data management so they can focus exclusively on creating great applications. Cloudant is privately held and backed by top-tier investors including Avalon Ventures and Y Combinator. For more information, visit https://cloudant.com/.
Cloudant - 19 months ago