Job Category: Finance, Management
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
This position will be part of the IT Finance organization and responsible for leading a team of professionals responsible for Sourcing and Procurement of IT Infrastructure hardware, software and services as well as Network & Telecommunications equipment and services for the enterprise on a global basis. This position will manage and oversee an IT spend category in excess of $350M annually and will support senior IT infrastructure and operations leaders, including CVS Caremark’s Chief Technology Officer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with office of the CTO, define and implement a Global IT sourcing and category management strategy for IT Infrastructure and Operations, including, datacenter hardware & software, end user computing, technology services, and network services.
• Lead and manage a team responsible for executing sourcing and procurement of datacenter hardware & software, end user computing, technology services, and network services and related maintenance agreements.
• Lead and manage cross-functional teams through complex sourcing initiatives, including RFIs, RFQs and RFPs required to support critical application and business area initiatives. In addition, partner with IT and business leadership to define and execute on category specific cost reduction initiatives.
• In collaboration with the IT Contracts Department, lead and manage the negotiation of all Master License Agreements, Service Agreements, Statements of Work and related contractual documentation associated with this category of spend.
• Ensure compliance with CVS Caremark IT and corporate standards, including, consistent application of contractual structures driving quality, on-time and on-budget performance and compliance with contract standards.
• Provide IT leadership with support required to manage, track, measure and monitor the status of all procurement and contract negotiations activity, progress against strategic sourcing and cost reduction initiatives.
• In partnership with the IT Purchasing organization, define and maintain processes required to ensure efficient, timely and effective fulfillment of orders related to this category.
• In collaboration with IT leadership, design and implement a vendor relationship management and governance structure and cadence within this category to ensure understanding and alignment with CVS Caremark objectives and expectations. Defined and execute on vendor segmentation, rationalization, performance management and compliance initiatives.
• As part of CVS Caremark’s intention to expand operations on a global basis, design and implement the sourcing, procurement and vendor management practices required to manage procurement operations and vendor relations on a global scale for this category of spend.
• In partnership with IT Financial Planning and Analysis and IT customers, ensure the budgetary, financial and spend management policies and objectives for this category are achieved. Required Qualifications:
Deep understanding of the technology market landscape, vendor business practices, sales & marketing strategies and procurement processes and fundamentals Ability to maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders while effectively interacting and communicating at all levels of the organization Proven experience and interaction with senior level executives within the vendor community and ability to independently conduct business negotiations with senior leadership of technology product and service providers Ability to assess and mitigate risk from a company, project, business, financial and contractual perspective, including a working knowledge of legal terms and conditions, long-term impacts of various business terms and conditions Must possess the ability to concurrently manage the end to end process flows and requirements for multiple projects and priorities Preferred Qualifications:
12+ years experience in IT Strategic Sourcing or Procurement with international experience Experience Sourcing Infrastructure, Network and Telecommunication products and services Experience managing a team of IT Sourcing and Procurement professionals Experience working directly for technology and/or services providers in a consulting, project management, contract management and relationship management capacity preferred Experience within the Retail and/or Healthcare Industries a plus Education:
Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited four year college or university or equivalent work experience in related field Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.