We are looking for a person to be our Full Time Department Manager of Firearms at our MC Sports location in Brighton, MI.
Applicant must have an extensive background and knowledge of firearms. Additional background in fishing, camping and hunting preferred.
PURPOSE - Assists the Assistant Manager in the developing, administering, and managing of a productive Gun Department engaged in the selling of sporting good merchandise and is essentially responsible for the daily maintenance and supervision of a the department. Repairs and modifies firearms and assists the Assistant Manager by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for providing outstanding CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- Accountable for the daily maintenance and supervision of the Gun Department.
- Provides information, problem solving and manages assignments of service associates. Assists in the supervision of service associates engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, stocking merchandise or performs work of subordinates, as needed
- Trains associates in sales techniques, product knowledge, product application, interaction with buyers and upper management, MC Sports policies, etc.
- Responsible for merchandise maintenance in anticipation of volume sales. Assists in ordering merchandise to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Keeps educated on new product information.
- Responsible for price maintenance (markups/markdowns) for sales and clearances ensuring that merchandising guidelines and cleanliness standards are met.
- Responsible for assisting in the timely processing of incoming/outgoing shipments and maintenance of an organized, neat back room.
- Aids in ensuring compliance of service associates with established loss prevention guidelines as indicated in the company handbook and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Responsible for protecting all company assets and insure confidentiality.
- Answers customers complaints or inquiries. Assures quality service to customers.
- Fits action and barrel into stock and aligns parts.
- Installs parts such as metallic or optical sights, pistol grips, recoil pads, and decorative pieces of firearms.
- Rebores barrels on boring machine to enlarge caliber of bore.
- Operates broaching machine to cut rifling in barrel of small arms.
- Installs choke device on shotguns to control shot pattern.
- Operates machine to grind and polish metal parts.
- Immerses metal parts in bluing salt bath to impart rust resistant surface and blue color to metal.
- Fires firearms with proof loads to determine strength characteristics, correct alignment, and assembly of piece.
- Fabricates wooden stock for guns according to customer specifications.
- Refinishes wooden stocks for rifles and shotguns by hand sanding and rubbing with special finishing oil and quick drying lacquer.
- Lays out plans on paper and calculates bullet flight arcs, sight positions, and other details to design new guns.
- Cleans all used guns.
- Route work to outside vendors and MC Sports 28th Street location.
- Orders parts and keeps records.
- Trains service counter associates on safety.
- Sends out all warranty work.
- Solicits local sports stores for work.
- Works with customers to identity needs EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other service associates of the organization. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with corporate along with any outside agencies while representing the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, discount and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The ability to deal with and help resolve conflicts and disputes as they arise both within the store and outside our area.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use their sense of smell. The associate is occasionally required to sit.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 26 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Assists in the managing of the Outdoor Center Service Associates in the there assigned department(s). Assists the Outdoor Center Assistant Manager for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizationâ€™s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include assisting in the training of Service Associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining service associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Examples: Typewriters and/or computer printers, light traffic. The associate is occasionally exposed to new store construction and the environment of some debris, dust and dirt.
CareerMatrix.com - 21 months ago
Michigan Sporting Goods Distributors has outgrown its name. Doing business as MC Sports, the sporting goods retailer operates more than 60...