The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
Function as a Licensed Electrician with the goal to provide a complete and working photovoltaic system.
The Licensed Electrician will provide leadership and technical expertise for a photovoltaic installation team (three-person crew). In this position, the Licensed Electrician will communicate the necessary job status data to the SolarCity operations management team to assure the successful operation of complete and working systems. The ideal candidate will also lead efforts for safe working practices for the SolarCity installation team.
• Provide leadership and technical expertise for a photovoltaic installation team (three to five-person crews).
• Communicate the necessary job status data to the SolarCity operations management team to assure the successful operation of complete and working systems
• Lead efforts for safe working practices for the SolarCity installation team
• Requires a current state Electricians License to be considered for the position and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience
• Previous experience installing photovoltaic systems preferred
• North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification preferred
• Must be able to work in extreme conditions (hot sun, extreme cold, etc..)
• Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exercises a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
• Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
• Thrive in a team environment
• Regular 40 hour work week and paid vacation/sick time
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and stock options
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...