Manager level role that will require understanding the business and project requirements, designing and deploying optimal network solutions that balance risk versus usability while meeting audit and compliance requirements. This position is responsible for a team that will create high quality operational documentation, designs and solutions. Day-to-day interaction includes working with outsource provider, internal team and other information management resources.
This position will require extensive abilities to identify and address client needs that include that include actively participating in client discussion, communicating a broad range of services, developing client relationships using networking and negotiation to develop plans and consensus.
- Manage projects for operational activities of the network operations outsource provider
- Establish architecture, design, and operational standards for network services for large and small environments.
- Support the development of operating/hardware systems including full life cycle design and development.
- Assist with the IT strategy for networking and security infrastructure.
- Management of network and voice transformation involving Cisco technologies.
- Coordinate telecom needs for existing facilities and commissioning of new facilities.
- Manage associated network upgrade and support projects.
- Develop approaches to reduce operational cost, enhance security, and provide greater capabilities for network services
- Oversee employee ownership in the Williams Safety Culture, reducing risks, and increasing the overall safety awareness in the group.
- Manage expense and capital budgets.
- Manage employee performance including personnel training, development and performance reviews.
- Identify sources and trends of recurring technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Coordinate concurrent large-scale projects within a budget.
- 4 year technical degree and/or Bachelor’s degree is preferred, although equivalent experience and training / certifications will be considered; a minimum of 10 years operating experience
- Experience in the energy infrastructure including control systems, SCADA, and field networking a big plus
- CCNA, CCDA, and CCNP or equivalent certifications or experience are preferred
- Strong technical experience in design, installation, maintenance, and testing of multiple network configurations; solid working knowledge of RF, internet protocol (IP), and IP and TDM telephony communications including knowledge of:
- TCP/IP protocols
- BGP and EIGRP protocols
- L2 and L3 switching and routing
- SSH and VPN encryption
- VRF network topology
- Enterprise firewalls
- SNMP, syslog and performance monitoring tools
- Enterprise level cable plans (twisted pair, Ethernet and fiber)
- DNS services
- General knowledge of a variety of infrastructure areas (i.e., data centers, servers, storage, clients)
Williams Corporation will not pay relocation costs associated for this position.
Williams Companies has several parts, but they all add up to the delivery of energy and profits. Williams is primarily engaged in gas...