T.D. Williamson, Inc. (TDW) was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1920 as an electrical contracting firm serving the emerging petroleum industry’s needs for power. With over 55 locations worldwide, including offices in Canada, United States, Singapore, India, Norway, Belgium, TDW is the premier pressurized piping maintenance company in the oil and gas industry. We design and manufacture engineered solutions for monitoring, pigging, tapping, plugging, and inspecting essential piping systems. TDW products and services are recognized as standards of excellence around the world. The company is globally recognized for professional integrity, quality products, innovative technologies and high regard for customer relationships by standing behind the strongest product warranty in the industry.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
• Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
• Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
• Educational Assistance
• Company Bonus Program
Develops written content for technical communications, including catalog, bulletins, trade articles, white papers, press releases, the Web site, and training material. Facilitates the translations of various materials into foreign languages as required.
Develops annual global media budget and plan that supports the company’s strategic initiatives and promotes brand awareness in the markets we serve. Plans, coordinates placement, negotiates and purchases all media buys, print and digital.
1. Stays current on TDW equipment detail, operating procedures, maintenance and service, product technologies and processes through observing development and experimental activities. Consults with engineering, technicians and managers as required to produce and maintain instruction sheets, product bulletins, white and technical papers, press releases, training material, PowerPoint presentations and content for the company Web site.
2. Writes, ghost writes and edits articles to feature TDW equipment, technology or processes to be published in various trade publications or in TDW’s own Innovations™ magazine. Procures photos and other graphic elements needed to augment copy. Works with graphic design and printer personnel to oversee layout and printing of Innovations™. Facilitates distribution by collecting mailing lists quarterly.
3. Edits and reviews all technical materials for accurate content, integrity and style. Provides the leadership required to refine all technical messages to be simple, concise and complete.
4. Translates and/or facilitates the translation of company communication material into various languages as required.
5. Ensures that technical publications are appropriately reviewed for compliance to TDW policies and approved by appropriate technical, engineering, marketing and legal areas prior to publishing. Serves as the Technical Review Committee coordinator, assuring the process is effectively executed.
6. Researches print and digital media opportunities for appropriateness and effectiveness in achieving the stated goals established by the company and the Marketing Communications Plan.
7. Develops and maintains global media schedule. Sets media buy and insertion guidelines to maximize awareness and achieve objectives while staying within budget.
8. Develops relationships with various media outlets and third party vendors seeking editorial, press release, new product and service announcement opportunities that support the company’s promotional objectives.
9. Completes other projects as assigned by Supervisor, Marketing Communications Group. This includes special projects as well as process improvements within the department.
1. Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, journalism or related field with a mechanical aptitude required. Minimum five years’ experience in technical writing or related area. Familiar with engineering concepts and ability to read fabrication drawings. Foreign Language a plus, (French and/or Spanish).
2. Strong organizational skills; excellent grammar and problem solving required. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be team player demonstrating attitudes that will help build and maintain a healthy team environment.
3. Strong PC and word processing skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word. Understanding of image manipulation and Photoshop at the Intermediate Level. Experience in Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software, Excel and PowerPoint a plus.
T.D. Williamson, Inc. - 10 months ago