Position: Food and Beverage Supervisor
Department: Food & Beverage
Job Summary: Supervises and schedules the front house staff.
Duties and Responsibilities (specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
1. Recommends menu items and production procedures for the Front of House, controls costs, and manages the budget.
2. Maintains a high standard of professionalism and works well with the kitchen staff to expedite guest orders promptly.
3. Completes communication notebook after each shift; documents shift accomplishments and issues for department manager review for each shift.
4. Runs a clock in, clock out reading at the beginning of each shift and makes necessary adjustments to the Micros System.
5. Adjusts ticket transactions such as voids, splitting, and transferring checks.
6. Ensures all purveyor invoices are sent on a timely basis to Accounts Payable for reconciliation and payment processing.
7. Posts and distributes memos from other departments making sure staff are aware of important information.
8. Assists with maintaining the department filing system by filing memos, correspondence, and other documents.
9. Controls the restaurant ambiance to ensure a pleasant dining experience for the guests by adjusting the TV noise level or taking other action.
10. Performs inventory and reconciliation procedures of Food and Beverage merchandise.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
2. Knowledge of modern filing and recordkeeping practices and procedures.
3. Knowledge of budgetary principles and practices.
4. Skill with Micros Point of Sale System.
5. Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
6. Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
7. Ability to communicate effectively.
8. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations pertaining to the position.
9. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
11. Ability to exercise independent judgment and be fiscally prudent in recommending and/or selecting vendors, materials, and procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
12. Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
13. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
1. High School Diploma or GED AND two years of food service experience OR any combination of academic education, professional training, or work experience approved by Human Resources.
2. Must obtain valid food handler's and alcohol awareness cards within 90 days of employment.
3. Must provide proof of sanitation training.
4. Computer proficiency with the Micros Point of Sale System.
5. Demonstrated track record of reliability, responsiveness, and punctuality.
6. Demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer service.
7. Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, special events, and overtime, as needed.
8. Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
9. Must be able to obtain a valid gaming license.
1. One year of supervisory experience.
Sol Casinos - 2 years ago