Sr. Systems Security Engineer (Job Number:306453)
The Enterprise and Mission Solutions Business Unit has an opening for a Senior Systems Security Engineer to be located in Ft. Meade, MD.
Candidate serves as a systems security engineer, playing a key role in safeguarding data and systems from unauthorized access, alteration or compromise. Ensures the integrity, dependability and availability of systems, networks and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of information systems programs, policies, procedures and tools. Ensures implementation of appropriate systems security policies, and ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices in the delivery of information technology (IT) services.
Key Knowledge and Skill Sets:
Identify need for changes based on new security technologies or threats.
- Knowledge of administrative, procedural and technical controls used to reduce security risks, and experience authoring or adapting security procedures and policy manuals.
- Knowledge of and experience with database security, application server configuration, router/firewall configuration, security configuration of the UNIX operating system (Solaris 10).
- Excellent oral skills in order to interact with staff, other groups, and contractors, and to coordinate efforts to promote awareness of technical security issues.
- Perform duties that pertain to developing, implementing, and maintaining programs, polices, and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, networks, and data.
- Assess new systems design methodologies to improve software quality.
Ability to run UNIX SRR Scripts and to analyze the results.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Knowledge of programming and structured application development methodologies is a plus. Highly desirable: UNIX scripting, Perl scripting, Java or C programming
- Knowledge of DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) guidance.
Knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM) program.
Qualifications:Required Degree, Certification and Clearance:
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in systems engineering or computer science or a related field plus ten 6+years of experience in information technology methods and practices, including information assurance. Relevant certs will be considered in lieu of degree
- A final, active Secret clearance.
- Experience with DISA’s HBSS (Host Based Security System)
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: May 1, 2012, 8:28:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...