The Sanitation Technician role:
The Sanitation Technician role is responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary production facility. This job requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support site production goals.
This role specializes in sanitation and pest control for the entire site in order to provide a clean, safe and orderly environment that exemplifies a world class manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for assisting all areas in maintaining high levels of daily cleanliness and adherence to site GMP's.
- Prioritize work on a daily basis by identifying pressing issues, through communication with each operator, knowing shift production plans and awareness of area.
- Promote high quality team environment through effective team work and self management with a positive attitude.
- Performs all assigned activities and job tasks within their area
- Understands production schedules as they relate to shut downs.
- Detailed cleaning of large areas and work spaces
- Detailed cleaning of large pieces of manufacturing equipment
- Understanding of microbiological and pest control as it pertains to a food manufacturing environment
- The ability to work with all Teams at the site on Sanitation, Pest Control and Housekeeping projects
- The ability to work in enclosed spaces
- The desire to work as an interactive team in a large plant setting
- When assigned to a specific operation area, complete all duties associated with that assignment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule, with particular attention to lock out/tag out procedures.
- Complete required documentation.
- Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals.
- Other duties and responsibilities throughout the plant as assigned by Manager.
Who Should Apply . . .
- Educate others on sanitation principles.
- Receive micro training and understand the hazards of cross contamination.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the process flow of the plant.
- Understand traffic, air flow and color code system.
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Team player
- Action oriented
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Continuous self development
- Must not be afraid of heights; m
ust be capable of working at elevated heights
- Must not be unusually sensitive to chemicals (contact lenses not recommended).
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Standing on a concrete floor
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to move light to moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to visually receive and differentiate colors.
- Ability to understand written and printed material.
- Ability to understand verbal information.
- Ability to actively exchange ideas/thoughts with others.
- Ability to handle tools or equipment.
- Ability to work under tight schedules in high pressure situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock.
- The associate is frequently exposed to vibration.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The n
oise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
- 2 years of work experience within manufacturing environment
- 2 years of work
experience within sanitation environment
- Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...