The Ohio University Storage Engineer helps plan and manage the installation, configuration, and tuning of SAN and storage related hardware and software. The areas of responsibilities include:
- Management and configuration of enterprise fibre SAN Fabrics.
- Management and configuration of multiple enterprise level disk array systems using the latest optimization technologies including Pools, SSD , Tiering, De-duplication, Replication, Snapshots, and Clones.
- Support and configuration of enterprise level NAS hardware and software for application support and shared storage offerings.
- Apply knowledge of backup and recovery capabilities to protect physical and VMware hosts.
- Implementation of Disaster Recovery processes.
•Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
•5 or more years of experience working in Enterprise IT System Administration with a strong understanding of HBA’s, Multi-Pathing, and Data Volume Management OR 5 or more years of experience working in a combination of Enterprise System Administration and Enterprise Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage environments performing administration (hardware and software), designing, planning, and implementing SAN’s using the latest technology in a heterogeneous environment.
-Ability to work both as a member of a group and as an individual contributor.
-Exceptional organizational and communications skills.
-Must participate in an on-call rotation (24X7 availability when on call), and will be expected to work nights or weekends as necessary. (Change window/impact/etc)
-5 or more years of related experience in an Enterprise Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage environments performing administration (hardware and software), designing, planning, and implementing SAN’s using the latest technology in a heterogeneous environment.
Experience with EMC technologies ( VNX , Celerra, Networker, DataDomain, VMAX ) and/or experience with CISCO SAN .
Ohio University - 30+ days ago