Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary breeding team. The Seed Increase Coordinator will manage Monsanto's integrated seed increase program to produce the highest quality seed for our extensive breeding pipeline. The incumbent will maintain site responsibility partnerships to ensure efficient work flow and work load balancing.
The Seed Increase Coordinator is responsible for all operations of the Scott Germplasm Increase program as well as the general operations of a multifunctional research site. This individual is critical to research implementation and will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge proprietary field research equipment, superior genetic material, and help drive a large germplasm increase program.
• Ensure that site staff is trained in all Environmental, Safety & Health procedures along with regulatory, compliance and business conduct protocols.
• Acquire and maintain facilities and equipment for effective and efficient functioning of all programs.
• Participate in the hiring and supervision of program support staff.
• Administer the recruiting, training, development and retention of personnel
• Manage the planning, production and processing of the germplasm increase program to distribute to breeders, cold storage, testing managers and various other laboratories and sites.
• Manage seed increase budget.
• BS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study and 4 or more years of significant people and project management in an agricultural-related position.
• Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices.
• Experience with farm equipment operation and repair.
· Team leadership and supervisory experience
· The ability to lift 50 lbs or more
· The ability to pass a DOT physical and drug test
· Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and data analysis.
• MS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study with 3+ years of significant people and project management experience in an agricultural-related research position.
• Good working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
Spanish language experience
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...