Thank you for your interest in Piedmont HealthCare . Our physicians have been providing state of the art medical care to Statesville, NC area residents since 1996. As one of the largest employers in the area, Piedmont HealthCare is a vital part of the communities we serve, offering competitive wages and benefits. If you want to excel in your field while living in a community that offers small town charm within an hour of Charlotte and just a couple of hours from the beach or mountains then were the place for you!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for taking x-ray exams and related duties.
X-Ray Tech needed to work during a leave of absence
Must be able to work evenings and weekends
1. Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Takes x-rays followingestablished procedures for patient care and safety.
2. Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
3. Prepares contrast media and barium.
4. Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
5. Logs radiologic procedures completed. Processes related paperwork using computer equipment as directed.
6. Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
7. Develops and processes radiologic film. Delivers, picks up and returns film.
Graduate of accredited x-ray technician program.
Minimum of one year customer service experience, preferably in health care setting.
CPR certification as required. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist registration preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge of x-ray procedures and protocols.
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
Skill in positioning patients properly.
Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
Ability to communicate clearly.
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, patients and families.
Keyword: X-Ray tech, radiologic technician, healthcare, X-Ray
From: Piedmont Healthcare
Piedmont Healthcare is system of five hospitals and 100 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia. For more...