Senior Network Administrator (Job Number: 312556)
CloudShield Technologies, an SAIC company, has a career opening for a Senior level Linux/ UNIX Network Administrator. Although this position is based out of Sunnydale, CA this person can work remotely.
- Develops policies, standards and defines strategy for providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support
- Plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects
- Assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
- Maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information
- Researches and recommends network and server hardware and software
- Assists in installing, designing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software
- Analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems
- Monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges
- Installs, supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances; installs, maintains, and troubleshoots the Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; performs daily server tape backups
- Designs, supports, maintains, and evaluates computer networking and telecommunication systems
- Installs, configures, and maintains both physical and virtual computer servers; supports and maintains network, servers (LINUX; RedHat, SELinux, Fedora, etc.) and virtual machines; performs other related duties as assigned
- researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems
- Recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of related Systems and Network Administration experience. (Additional experience, education or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.)
- Experience in all areas of local and wide area networks management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support; experience installing and supporting LINUX server technologies; experience supporting telecommunications equipment.
- Working knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), Internet, e-mail systems, telecommunications and data communications; standard operating systems (especially LINUX), software packages, and software utilities; proper records maintenance and storage for local and distributed environments.
- US Citizenship; willingness to work additional hours during the week and/or weekend, if required.
- Network Administration and LINUX Certification is preferred.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Oct 23, 2012, 9:28:14 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SUNNYVALE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 2 years ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...