Patient Navigator - Plano TX
Texas Health Organization for Physician
Job ID: 51386
Department: Patient Navigation
Area of Interest: Clerical/Admin.
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Required: No
Job Function: OFC
LOCATION: Plano TX
Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
High School Graduate or G.E.D.
Medical office experience with referral processing preferred
2-3 years’ experience as a Referral Coordinator, preferred.
Bilingual strongly preferred
Customer Service, caring and has a desire to serve others. Strong Organizational Skills. Able to multi-task. Set priorities and get desired results
Follow protocols and standards. Accurate, efficient and dependable. Drive for continuous improvement and excellence. Adapt readily to changes in ways of doing things. Active learner, strong verbal and written communications with all levels of people; bi-lingual a plus. Negotiation and influencing skills. Create win/win, get the desired outcome. Problem solving, tenacious in complex situations. Shows good judgment. Work well in diverse teams. Consults with others and shares knowledge
Exceptional telephone skills. Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of Flowcast a plus
Knowledge of HIPPA a plus
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- receiving referrals from providers, patient care coordinators, discharge planners
- Follows THPG protocols and standing orders for proper authorization and processing of all referrals.
- Assists patients with external resources as needed
- Assists team in educating the patient and family
- Scheduling/rescheduling/communicating with patients or patients families on a timely basis
- Coordinates pre-admission testing requirements with clinic personnel and patient
- Completes all administrative functions associated with referral activities in a timely manner.
- Enters all referral, hospital, outpatient, DME and other patient specialty health service authorizations into the computer system according to THPG policy and procedure
- Receives consultant reports, maintains documentation, and routes to the appropriate physician promptly
- Responsible for monitoring all referral reports not received and timely follow-up in accordance with THPG policy and procedure
- Perform other duties as assigned
Texas Health Organizations for Physicians (THOP) is Texas Health Resources' 501(a) not-for-profit health corporation offering employment opportunities for administration staff that service providers of Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG). THOP provides services for member physicians that help them get back to what they do best -- practice medicine. From an affordable electronic medical record to comprehensive practice support services and group purchasing power, physicians and their patients benefit from being a part of THPG.
Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Texas Health Resources - 20 months ago
Texas Health Resources, a 2013 Dallas Business Journal Best Places to Work (ranked #1), a 2013 Texas Award for Performance Excellence...