ProEnergy's Professional Services Group provides technical specialists and project management personnel to our power generation, ethanol, refinery and oil and gas industry clients. Our vast network of trained personnel has worked for some of the industry's finest companies around the world.
Our focus is on personnel for contract, temp-to-hire and direct-hire basis, and we are aggressively seeking versatile, focused, and motivated individuals to join our team.
The Engineer is responsible for engineering design, project management, and technical support for projects relating to new and existing Bulk, Distribution and Customer Substations (typically involving voltages up to 230 kV). Key responsibilities include:
-Establish basic design parameters, writing and evaluating material and construction specifications, direct drawing preparation, and perform cost/benefit analyses.
-Project management activities including responsibility for overall project cost and scheduling; coordinating activities related to real estate, purchasing, drafting, construction, operating, and related engineering groups associated with projects.
The position requires simultaneously handling multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Technical support activities include providing consulting services to other groups in matters relating to Bulk, Distribution and Customer Substations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option) or a General Engineering Degree with a strong electrical background from an accredited college or university required.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License or active commitment to obtain one required
- . Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred
Two or more years' experience with substation or related equipment design, operation or maintenance and management systems preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred
- Proficiency in use of computers with strong academic background and power system coursework required.
- Must have good analytical, communication, and human relations skills.
- Must also have capability to work on major project teams.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments/projects and prioritize required.
will be held in the Midwest.
ProEnergy Services - 2 years ago