Provides support for team and provider(s) during facility encounters. Manages patient traffic flow. Performs follow-up care per provider instructions and in accordance with scope of practice. Assists with patient education. Documents clinical information into the medical record.
This position requires travel.
• Prepares patient for exams by reviewing history, collecting current information and appropriate vital signs, documenting in the medical record according to guidelines (e.g., hearing, vision, blood pressure)
• Provides intervention ordered by practitioner (e.g., medication, dressings, specimen collections, irrigations, suture removals, and IVs) and documents patient response
• Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician as needed
• Initiates interventions and health education according to prevention guidelines
• Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician electronic messages as delegated by the RN and within scope of practice
• Educates patient and provides preparation materials for diagnostic studies according to guidelines
• Schedules appointments for patients with lab, radiology, consultants and follow-up appointments as ordered by practitioner
• Effectively provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel, patient and family
• Resolves patient concerns promptly
• Participates in process of interviewing, selection, orientation and training of new team members
• Participates emergency care as necessary and as directed by physician and registered nurse.
• Maintains department Quality Improvement standards
• High School diploma or GED
• Current Georgia LPN License
• American Heart Association BLS certification
• Complete a Customer Service Assessment
• Health care experience
• Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...