This position is for a seasoned product leader with responsibility for partnering with key functional leaders to execute and operationalize new business opportunities, with a primary focus on our Orthopedic solution. This individual will support definition of opportunities related to advancement of our business agenda through internal development and strategic alliances that drive results while differentiating our business in the marketplace.
The role allows for contributions spanning analysis, operations, relationship management, business and product development including execution.
- Collaborate with product, clinical and operations teams to translate strategies and opportunities into specific initiatives supported with a business case
- Helps drive the implementation and go-to-market strategy for new products or solutions
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Detailed project management efforts required and with appropriate stakeholder meetings
- Forecasts and partners with operations for resource requirements; accountable for monthly forecasts and P&L for new products
- Demonstrate ROI and building of business cases for product development and capital needs
- Understanding of consumer experience for product, including ability to drive and influence value creation through the health care system
- Directs operations, marketing, and other key functional areas on how to operationalize including reporting and key operational metrics
- Ensures that implementation and post-implementation activities inclusive of on-going management and maintenance of product
- Manages the sales pipeline, including defining potential customers and communicating product value proposition to prospects
- Actively contributing new ideas and/or identifying opportunities to improve penetration in existing channels and/or new channels
- Work with key business partners, internally and/or externally, to evaluate ongoing and long-term opportunities for continued product leadership
- Support ad hoc projects for CMC including time-sensitive corporate requests
- 7+ yearsâ€™ experience with Product Development and/or Management
- Experience in the orthopedic industry or with providers and payers is highly desired
- Experience implementing innovative payment models a plus
- Demonstrated success defining and launching service lines or products
- Ability to drive results in a heavily-matrixed environment; proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Superior conceptual, analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data and strategic frameworks for executives
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing demands
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At Optum you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 19 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...