Deliver excellent customer service to the department's patients and clients and provide complete, professional, and efficient scheduling of patient flow. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Post secondary education or equivalent training in a healthcare or customer service related field is required. Must have at least one year of previous applicable experience. Requires interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of office procedures and methods including telephone communication and computer skills sufficient to follow-up with patient/client questions and utilize knowledge of service area and system-wide procedures. Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service through courteous reception assistance as well as possess knowledge of registration procedures, billing systems, and third-party payers. Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Provides patient/client reception and registration services, which includes welcoming the patient/client, verifying patient and guarantor demographics, determining correct third-party payer, assessing and requesting the completion of forms and payment requirements.
- Schedules timely, appropriate, accurate, and confidential appointments for patients/clients.
- Greets patients/clients on the phone and takes complete and accurate messages (phone notes).
- Directs patients/clients to waiting areas, retail area, and treatment rooms.
- Assists patients/clients with purchase of products and services. Promotes additional services and develops and maintains positive rapport with patients/clients.
- Participates in sales and marketing events and activities, i.e. open houses, seminars, etc.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 14 months ago
CODING/CLINIC REIMBURSEMENT - ANNEX - FARGO ND
- 30+ days ago
INSURANCE PAYMENTS SPECIALIST
CASH MANAGEMENT SERVICES - SANFORD 45TH STREET BUSINESS CENTER - FARGO ND
- 17 hours ago
- 27 days ago