Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier retailer of home furnishings, culinary and serving equipment, and specialty foods and cooking ingredients in the United States and Canada. Our brands, including Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Teen, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home, are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet. Among all of our brands, we cover every room in the house: from the kitchen to the living room, bedroom, home office, and even the hall closet.
West Elm - Since our first catalog launch in 2002; our brand, our stores, our story is continually evolving. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart, hard working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community, and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand. Our corporate office is located in the D.U.M.B.O district of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a community driven company and are happy to call Brooklyn our home.
Design products using style, theme and mood. Present to Head designer for approval.Specific areas of occasional, bedroom and office.
• Gather market data on key fashion trends considering such elements as materials, color and techniques.
• Translate trends into concepts that respond to business needs (e.g., price points, growth of categories, marketing initiatives) for the relevant product category with the West Elm customer in mind.
• Create presentation boards and present concepts and products to Design Director, Merchandising and Sourcing counterparts.
• Develop designs from conception through sketch, computer rendering, technical drawings, and sample revisions to sample approval.
• Communicate regularly to relay design direction and changes.
• Track samples and ensure all samples are approved in a timely manner.
• 2-3 years product design experience.
• 4 year college degree with a BA in a related design field required.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Ability to produce technical drawings.
• Experience with Graphite, Sketchup and / or FormZ preferred
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...