Boise State University invites interested applicants for the position, Enrollment Counselor, to join us in our quest toward becoming a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. The Enrollment Counselor position is responsible for marketing Boise State to prospective students and serving them by responding to requests for information, providing individual advising, and explaining policies. The primary responsibility is to travel extensively throughout identified recruitment territories and create a schedule that provides for consistent outreach to key areas. Public speaking is critical to effectively make presentations to large and small groups and developing on-going communication plans, which entail application of marketing and public relations principles. This position is often the first point of contact with the public and prospective students, which requires extensive knowledge of university people, programs and policies, as well as a positive attitude and commitment to higher education.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Counsel, advise, recruit and maintain positive contact with prospective students and their families regarding admission requirements, financial aid and scholarships, and campus life.
- Travel extensively throughout Idaho and out-of-state geographic territories to be determined.
- Represent Boise State at college fairs, high school and community college visits, individual meetings.
- Responsible for timely follow up with internal and external customers – written and verbal.
- Establish and maintain relationships with high school guidance counselors.
- Conduct both large and small group presentations.
- Identify viable recruitment opportunities and make appropriate arrangements to attend.
- Participate in Admissions programs for prospective students both on and off-campus.
- Complete routine reports related to recruitment, personal schedule, travel, and special programs.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement.
- Model a strong customer service ethic and work with other support offices.
- Support initiatives outlined in the Admissions recruitment plan and perform other duties as assigned.
- Navigate computer programs/software, including Boise State systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent – General Field
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent
Boise State University - 17 months ago