At Buck Consultants you’ll discover an innovative, high-energy environment that inspires top achievement. As a prestigious highly successful leader in providing employee benefit, actuarial, outsourcing and HR management consulting services, we have the strong resources, solid reputation and global reach to enrich your work life and enhance your career.
POSITION WILL HAVE A MAY / JUNE 2013 START DATE.
In this position, you will assist actuarial departments with
• Data collection and preparation
• Government filings
• Preparation of annual pension valuations
• Develop benefit comparisons.
• Assist with regulatory compliance filings.
• Develop broader understanding of benefit programs and operations.
• Participate in special projects or assignments as instructed by supervisor.
Buck offers a strong actuarial intern program. Interns will have the opportunity to work on real-life client engagements. An on-site mentor would provide training. In addition, interns may have the opportunity to participate in a 3-day training session in New York/NJ Metro area or a detailed webex of the same materials.
Training session topics/workshops may include:
• An introduction to our organization and client services
• Case Studies
• Business writing
• Plan documents
• Medical plan design
• Benefits, pay and total rewards
• Team projects
• Benefit calculation exercises
• Team building exercises
• MS Excel Training
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Prefer completion of one actuarial exam. You must be detail oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills. Strong PC skills are required. Must have advanced skills in Excel to manipulate large amounts of data.
Theactuarial internrole prefers the completion of one actuarial exam.
Thenon-actuarial internrole does not require any SOA exam progression.
Buck Consultants - 20 months ago
Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) handles jobs its clients would rather hand off. The company provides business process outsourcing (BPO)...