The Maintenance Technician will be actively involved in the initial equipment commissioning activities. At the time of project completion, the Greeley facility will be our second largest manufacturing plant, employing approximately 500 team members. The plant will operate 24/7 with 12 hour shifts.
- Assist in establishing and executing the Leprino Foods Maintenance philosophies, programs, and processes in the Greeley facility.
- Installing, disassembling, repairing, and maintaining equipment.
- Safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning mechanical, electrical or instrumentation systems.
- Calibration of instruments.
- Maintaining 5S standards in work areas and tool boxes.
- Performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive maintenance.
- Participation on the hazmat response team.
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar maintenance technician role.
- Associates or a 2 year degree in a maintenance related field.
- Experience with stainless steel welding and fabrication.
- Dairy/Food Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- PLC troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with AC frequency drives and instrumentation.
- Mechanical repairs including rebuilding of gearboxes and process equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Leprino Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer who supports a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA
- Basic knowledge of utility equipment and operations (boiler and refrigeration equipment).
- Proficient computer skills including: email, internet, Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance management systems
- Knowledge of government and industrial regulations (PSM, OSHA, and USDA).
- Skills to perform basic and intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in wet/dry/cold/hot environments, tight spaces.
- Ability to climb steps and ladders to work at extreme heights.
- Ability to use hand tools and to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and holidays as required by business demands.
A titan of cheese, Leprino Foods is a worldwide leader in mozzarella-making. The company sells its soft cream-colored cheese to food...