A Registered Nurse is needed for the new Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT Team). The active team works with adults who have a severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) and helps them to live in normal community residences, work in job markets, and have access to helpful, adequate, competent and continuous support services.
- Will conduct psychiatric assessments, assessing physical health needs, making appropriate referrals to community physicians, providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist.
- Will provide a wide range of treatment, rehabilitation and support services.
- Will share shift management responsibilities with other staff.
- Will participate in the provision of treatment, rehabilitation and support services
- Must be willing to be on a rotating 24 hour on-call schedule.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
- Must hold an associate, bachelors or masters degree in nursing and hold a current Georgia license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- All applicants selected for a personal interview will need to complete a basic typing skills assessment during the interview.
- Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences, work in job markets, and have access to helpful, adequate, competent and continuous support services.
- Must have the skills and ability to establish supportive, trusting relationships with person with severe and persistent mental illnesses and respect client rights and personal preference in treatment are essential.
- Must have valid drivers license and no driver may have more than two chargeable accidents, moving violations or DUI's in a three year period with the seven year MVR report.
- Must be willing to take rotating 24 hour on-call duties
Avita Community Partners has an exciting opportunity to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
To promote safe, stable and meaningful lives, our organization partners with individuals, families and communities to minimize barriers for persons with mental health, developmental disabilities, addictive diseases and similar life challenges... it's our mission
All applicants selected for a personal interview will need to complete a basic typing skills assessment during the interview.
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin
Salary includes an on-call stipend.
This is a full time position and is subject to company benefits.